"A total waste of my time, I will never ask to be..."

About: Wansbeck Hospital

I have had numerous appointments at Pain Management Services and although the staff were always friendly and polite on the last occasion I felt the Dr did not listen to me at all. After an hour of trying to explain my situation to her I gave up and left having achieved nothing. I am now left in limbo with regards to pain medication and would not recommend this dept for anyone suffering from ongoing chronic pain, especially if it due to a condition which will never be cured. Unfortunately I have a relatively rare genetic condition which few doctors appear to know/or want to know anything about and it is very disheartening when as a patient you feel you know more about the condition than most of the medical profession and the medical profession don't seem to want to listen.

I will certainly never be going to this department again, even though it is a two minute walk from my house. I would rather travel to an alternative hospital

Response from Wansbeck Hospital

Thank you for your comments posted on this website concerning your treatment at Wansbeck General Hospital.

The Trust was sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and would like to apologies for this. If you would like to write to the Trust with details of your visit we will conduct a full investigation and reply to you in writing. If you decide to write the address is:

Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust