"An excellent example of how a NHS hospital should..."

About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

I was extremely satisfied with the treatment I received at the hospital. The team kept me informed and explained my test results and further treatment in way that I could understand. At every appointment, I was seen on time, if not before my allotted time. I was given time to ask questions and was made to feel that I was the only patient to be seen that day. At no point was I made to feel that I was just a number. I particularly appreciated receiving copies of letters sent to my GP. I was extremely fortunate that I did not require any further intervention. However, had there been a different outcome for me, I would have had complete trust in the excellent care that Kings provide.

On the whole, my experience was very positive and I am very grateful to everyone involved in my case.

I think that the dept for blood testing is far too small. It's very crammped and always busy. It would be better if this department was seperate from the transport dept. Waiting times are too long.

Response from Jessica Bush, Head of Engagement and Patient Experience, Patient and Public Involvement, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment in Patient Opinion and I am pleaesd to hear that overall you had a positive experience at King's. I am only sorry that I didn't respond earlier to your comments. Unfortunately there was a little glitch in the system which meant that we didn't receive the normal alert which tells us when someone has posted a comment. You may be interested to know that we've just begun a piece of work to improve our blood testing service. As part of this work, we'll be talking to patients who use the service to ensure that any changes we make, meet their needs. Thanks once again for your comments.

Response from King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)