"A superbly clean Hospital with exceptionally..."

About: Newark Hospital

I liked the friendly staff, modern and clean wards/visitor areas. I was kept informed at all times throughout the time I was an in-patient as to what was going to happen. There was a nice and well-equipped visitor waiting room, it had books, magazines and a water cooler, so any visitors who chose to stay any I was kept warm, comfortable and as pain -free as possible throughout. Certainly my best operation yet!

Not a negative for me as a patient, but I noticed that the staff did not have their own rest-room. Perhaps the Trust might think that this is a priority? I feel that staff working long and tiring shifts ought to have a place away from the patients or their families to have some time to themselves to eat a meal or snack.

Considering cuts that are being made continually, this Hospital and especially Minster Ward where I had my op, provided an excellent service.

Response from Newark Hospital

I am writing to thank you for your very kind comments following your recent stay at Newark Hospital. I have passed your kind comments to all staff concerned.

Your suggestions for a service improvement have been passed to the hospital manager.

Thank you once again.