"Very busy department, nonetheless a very positive..."

I attended the Urology unit for investigation last week (June 2012) and although the unit was very busy, I and everyone around me was treated well by the nurses. When asked to produce a sample of wee and some patients couldn't, the nurse simply encouraged them to drink lots of water from the supplied water cooler until they could. I was seen by the specialist about 30 mins

after my appointment time, but it was very very busy. He suggested I should have an MRI scan

and a biopsy as well. I was able to book them both for the following week (20 June 2012). I look forward to getting them over with as you do worry as to what, if anything, they will find.

Response from Queen Marys Hospital (roehampton)

Thank you for taking the time to leave some comments on your appointment at Queen Mary's.

I'm sorry that you had to wait 30 minutes for your appointment, and have noted your rating of 3/5 for cleanliness in that area of the hospital. I've informed our cleaning manager that the area should be inspected immediately and monitored more closely in the future.

I will pass your kind comments on to our staff in the Urology service, who always enjoy receiving feedback on the service they provide.