"In a difficult situation Southmead Maternity..."

About: Southmead Hospital

I had a 3.5 week stay in the lead up to the birth of my daughter and was treated exceptionally well by all members of the team. They were very professional although woefully understaffed. I found the trauma of having preclampsia was greatly reduced by the clarity and excellent care I received in all of the wards I stayed in.

The midwives were understaffed through no fault of their own. I would like to see more than 2 midwives on a ward of up to 60 patients.

Response from Southmead Hospital

Dear Anonymous – Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your views. I am glad you would feel able to recommend the Southmead Maternity Service to a friend and that you found the staff to be very professional and able to deliver excellent care.

I am sorry you felt the wards to be understaffed, and I have feed your comments on this and your positive comments to Women and Children’s Health.

I am pleased your preeclampsia was successfully managed and I trust that your daughter is well and that she is now a cherished part of your family.

Kind Regards – Steve Sykes