"Well run clinic with caring staff"

About: St Albans City Hospital

I chose this clinic because other women spoke well of it, particularly the kindness and consideration shown by the nurses. Having been treated by another local breast clinic that is meant to be a centre if excellence six years ago and having been left with the feeling I had been put on a conveyor belt, I felt that St Albans hospital staff was much better at listening and engaging me in the process. This care also showed in such things as the attitude of the reception staff, being allowed to keep my own clothes on when I asked not to have to wear the gown etc.

The follow up letter fot my age wrong. Flatteringly took eight years off.

Would go here again if needed. Feels friendly and warm and welcoming.

Response from St Albans City Hospital

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to add your comments to our NHS Choices page. Considering your previous experience at another clinic and understandable anxiety in returning to a similar environment, we're pleased to hear our staff were so communicative in how they looked after you, allowing you to come away with such a positive and reassured impression.

Your comments have of course been passed onto the Breast Clinic team, who were delighted to receive them.