About: Lister Hospital

I'm writing to complain about the fact that I can never actually easily telephone the hospital.

This time the general hospital number rang for over 2 minutes!!

Before switching me through to a robot. I dialled the choice offered: use of a known extension, which was ext 4489.

The message I got repeatedly was 'Unfortunately this number is not available. try again, or try a different extension'.

If the support staff are too idle to compose an informative answer– along the lines of 'engaged, please try again later– (though it would be preferable if they actually answered the phone), then what on earth is the point of giving it out in the letter inviting me to the clinic and offering the number as the one to use?

Response from Lister Hospital

We are very sorry that this was your experience. Our hospital teams deal with thousands of calls every day, the majority of whom get through to their intended destination without a problem. But if a number is changed and not notified to the booking team, letters with an old extension can go out. We'll look in to this number to see how it is being used - thank you for letting us know.