"Support from all staff during my stay in Hospital"

About: Stafford Hospital / Accident and emergency Stafford Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

I broke my foot on at the end of August. The Ambulance took me to A&E. The Ambulance staff were very very good and reassured me at all times.

I spent the night in A&E then underwent surgery the following day.

Then I was transferred to Trauma Orthopeadic Ward.

Whilst in A&E the staff were very busy but ensured I was as pain free as possible.

The Theatre staff were excellent and made me feel very relaxed. Everyone was so lovely. I was taken to Theate on the Friday afternoon to be greeted by a very friendly bunch who were very caring during my operation. They kept me calm and looked after me very well. The whole team were excellent, ensuring at all times I was ok. They did a fantastic job and if I could I would thank them all individually.

During my stay I received excellent nursing and support from all staff from the Doctor/Nurses/Healthcare Support Works and Hotel Service Staff/Porters. Lets not forget the night staff. My experience would not have been the same without the support of all the staff. Trauma Orthopeadic ward was very busy the staff do a fantastic job. Thank you ++++++++++

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Dear "Walker"

Thank you for taking the time to provide this very positive feedback which will be shared with the departments and ward mentioned. I hope that your foot is recovering well and not hindering your mobility too much.

Kind Regards