"extra support after hospital admission"

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I was given the choice to be transferred to the QMC or be given extra support at home from the crisis team.

I feel that I did not really have a choice as my friend was on the ward at the QMC so felt that this would not aid my own recovery or hers either.

I was offered extra support at home which has been fine the crisis team and my care coordinator have been on the other end of the phone when I have needed them and have planned visits to come out to see me but I am finding it difficult to let them know just how I am feeling and the intrusive thoughts that I have got as we my husband and me are going to benidorm in two weeks time and I don't want to risk being told that I cannot go.

I feel that I am utilizing the support the best way I know how and that is to keep myself busy.

Response from Tracey Taylor, Service Manager, Community and Residential Services (South), Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I am sorry you did not have the stay in hospital that you feel you needed; I am pleased that you are finding the crisis/home treatment team and your care co-ordinator helpful.

Please feel free to contact me at the Stonebridge Centre if you wish to discuss your experience on the ward further. I do hope you are able to go on your holiday as planned.

Take care

Update posted by hector (a staff member posting for a patient/service user)

thank you for your response i have had visits from the home treatment team over the weekend and have had long chat with my care coordinator today

she has told me that if i need to ring either her or the home treatment team then i am to do so not to feel that I am being a bother to people as that is what they are there for.

my care coordinator thinks that this adds to the stress that i am getting worrying what other people think

she has assured me that as far as she is concerned that she does not see a problem with me going on holiday as she feels that to get away from everything will do me good and that i might actually sleep while on holiday.

i do find it difficult to take on board some of the things that i am told because i do feel that i am being a nuisance to people.

Dear Hector

I contacted the ward and spoke to a manager. The wards said that every effort is made to listen to patients and then make a decision based on this. The ward has been extremely busy of late and sometimes home is seen as a better option if they feel it would be beneficial to the person and their recovery.

As you have beem supported by the crisis team and care-co-ordinator since discharge I hope you have found this helpful.

People don't think you are being a nuisance.

Thank you for your posting and I hope you enjoy your holiday.