"Recent emergency care at Crosshouse"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Accident & Emergency Crosshouse Hospital / General Surgery

Having arrived 24 hours earlier from Australia, I was taken into the Emergency Department with Acute appendicitis recently. I was processed quickly and had an Emergency Operation to remove it. The Consultant and all the nurses looking after me were excellent, and I couldn't have had better care anywhere in the world.

I'd like to thank them all very much for their warm caring sympathetic attention.

From a very grateful patient

Response from Craig White, Assistant Director, Nurse Directorate, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear Tarquin

Thank you for using Patient Opinion to tell us about your excellent care experience. I am sorry that it has taken until now to acknowledge this. We are committed to ensuring that we provide safe, effective and person centred care across all our services. I was pleased to read of your commendation that the care was world class and know that our staff appreciate it when people take the time to provide this positive feedback.

Best wishes