"I feel I would have benefitted from a longer stay in hospital"

About: adult mental health nottingham

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

thanks to the staff and volunteer's at the involvement centre last week, I was admitted to redwood two at high bury hospital. I felt that my world was falling apart and that I could not carry on the way I was going. a volunteer spoke to my care coordinator as I felt that I was unable to do so as I had spoken to the crisis team during the night and they told me that they would get someone to ring me the next day.

after speaking to that person and agreeing to go onto redwood I found out that no messages had been passed to this person so they were unaware of how badly I was struggling with suicidal thoughts.

after only 4days on the ward I was asked by the staff to consider being transferred to the QMC or to go home and come back the next day for a review. as I know someone that is on the wards at QMC I thought it best to go home.

On my return to redwood for review I was informed by my care coordinator that they did not know that I had gone home until 2pm that day and had to be at my review by 3.30pm. I feel that the communication is not at all good and needs to be improved greatly.

I am at home now being supported by care coordinator and crisis team but feel that really I needed to have a longer stay in hospital but felt pressured into going home because I knew this patient on ward A43. I feel that this should have been taken into consideration as I don't feel that being on the same ward as a friend would have helped in my recovery.

I am sorry you felt the stay in hospital was not long enough for you and that communication could have been better.

I have contacted staff for their comments and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your posting.