"Gastroenterology department appointment"

About: Rotherham Hospital / Gastroenterology

I am emailing you today purely out of frustration. I have been waiting for an appointment from the gastroenterology department for 5 months now!

I have rung several times and been told I will get an appointment in the next 2 weeks, I have never received one (this has happened a few times now) I have also been told that I was never put on the list.

I have been suffering from my problem for 1 1/2 years now and have just been messed around from the start. I am in constant pain which is affecting my daily life, work and most importantly my children. All I want is my appointment which I keep getting promised.

Thank you.

Dear Frustrated Granddaughter, thank you for your posting on the Patient Opinion web site.

We are grateful to you for taking the time to feedback your experience and are most concerned to learn about the difficulties you have experienced whilst trying to get an appointment with our Gastroenterology Department, for which we apologise.

To enable us to look into this further, we will need additional information, and should be grateful if you would contact our Patient Services Department on 01709 424461.

With best wishes,

Grace

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Frustrated Granddaughter, just to say thank you for making contact with us and am pleased to know that the matter has been successfully resolved.

With best wishes,