"Feeling unable to ask for the help I need"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I am feeling more suicidal over the past few weeks.

I did speak to a member of staff at the involvement centre and they got me to phone my care co-ordinator but I was not able to express the thoughts properly that I am having.

Over the past two weeks I have found that I am acting on my thoughts more and have overdosed three times as well as self harmed, but have not been able to tell anyone or seek medical advice as I feel that the people will hate me. I suffer from severe depression and borderline personality disorder.

I feel that I need to have a stay in hospital before I become just another statistic of a successful suicidal attempt, but how do I get the care co-ordinator to understand how desperate I feel?

Dear Hector

I was very concerned to read your posting. As you have been able to express how you feel in writing would you consider contacting your care co-ordinator again? Nobody will hate or judge you for sharing how you feel and I would urge you to think about showing this posting to him/her if you can't find the right words to use.

Please speak to the involvement centre again if you think it would be helpful.

We want to help you.

Dear Hector, this reply was posted last week when you expressed how you felt. The contacts below will be able to help you.

Dear Hector 1

We are really sorry to hear how you are feeling and are concerned about you. One of our managers would be happy to speak to you if you feel this would help. Please ring 01623 784770 and we will arrange this. If you would like to speak directly to a member of our Crisis Team then please phone 01623 785913 and they will be able to discuss how best we can support you.

Paul Sanguinazzi

Head of Involvement

Update posted by hector (a staff member posting for a patient/service user)

Thankyou for your responses.

I was able to speak with Sally at the involvement centre and it helped to say some of how i felt to my care co-ordinater when she came to visit me at home on Wednesday although i was not able to share all that i was feeling as my husband was in the room at the time and i did not want him to know how many times i had overdosed in the past few weeks.

I think as you suggest that it might be a good idea to share this story with my care co-ordinater .we came up with a care plan in regards to what i need to do if i self harm or overdose and that i must tell someone.

Thankyou once again you have been most helpful again.

Dear Hector

Thank you for getting back to me. I am really pleased to hear you have made contact with your care co-ordinator and I hope you will feel more able to share your feelings in future so that your care co-ordinator can help and support you.

I will make sure Sally knows you have been able to update your care plan.

I hope you continue in your recovery and now feel more supported.

Best Wishes