"Getting a podiatry appointment"

About: Health Partnerships

(as a volunteer/advocate),

I phoned up for an appointment, was told to phone later in the month as the diary had not been opened for August.

When I phoned at the end of July, I was told August was full until the very end of the month. How come one minute it had not been open and 2days later it was full? Does that mean we have to phone 2months earlier or what?

Response from Nottinghamshire Healthcare

Thank you for your posting and firstly can I apologise for the delay in responding to your query.

I am sorry that you appear to have experienced difficulty in making an appointment and any confusion that this may have caused.

This is being looked into by the Team and we will get back to you shortly.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns, your feedback is important to us.

Sue Dyke, Involvement Team

Response from Vanessa Briscoe, Divisional General Manager - Specialist Services, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare

Podiatry appointments are released 4 weeks in advance on a weekly basis. Patients are advised to contact the department 4 weeks before their appointment is due. The rebooking procedure is usually explained at the time of your last appointment and we are sorry if on this occasion this didn’t happen.

We will ensure that both the podiatrists and reception staff are aware of the booking procedure. We constantly monitor appointments and if you have any further issues surrounding appointment availability please contact the podiatry manager via Park house reception.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention