"My experience on Bronte Ward, Ashfield Hospital"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Mental Health Services for Older People – Inpatient

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

The staff have been friendly and helpful. I enjoy going out into the garden and walks into the town to do some shopping with staff.

It is nice to be able to talk to people but I know other patients are unwell and don't always talk back to me. I would like to go out for more walks and spend more time with staff even though I know they are at times busy.

Response from Julie Grant, Head of Communications, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for posting _ I'm glad your stay has helped with your recovery. I will pass your comments about more walks onto the staff.

Response from Jane Smith, Activities Coordinator, Silver birch ward Mental Health Service for Older People, MHSOP We are preparing to make a change

After a discussion with staff members we are glad you enjoy going for walks with staff into town shopping, and spending time in the garden. We feel that you benefit from these activities, and will do our best as a ward to continue to faciliate these activities for you in the future. As a ward we feel it would be beneficial to you to also have time allocated to you each afternoon with a nominatered member of staff to undertake any activities you wish to participate in. Staff will do their best to faciliate your requests if possible. These activities may include, playing games ie, dominos, cards, scrabble etc, spending one to one time having a chat, or going out for walks. Hope this will improve your hospital experience, and stay on the ward.

Kind Regards