"Seen for painful eye at Huyton Walk in Centre"

About: Knowsley NHS Walk-in Centre, Huyton

On Monday I attended Huyton Walkin Center, during the day at work my eye had been very painful and watery, any kind of close work had been increasingly painful and uncomfortable.

I arrived at about 4:45pm and was seen quite quickly by a triage nurse called Claire who was helpful and also informed me about the lengthy waiting time, which had been a similar length all day (about 2 hours).

I was eventually see by another nurse and after a thorough examination she asked for a colleagues opinion and they both agreed I should attend the St Pauls A&E at Royal Liverpool Hospital, which I did.

A scratched cornea was diagnosed so I was glad that what I initially thought was a trivial matter was taken seriously. I left the walk in centre at 7: 30pm.

Response from Kelly Owen, PALS Officer, Patient Advice Liaison Service, Community Health Services at 5 Boroughs NHS Foundation Trust

Dear colourful947,

Thank you for you taking the time to leave feedback following your treatment at Huyton Walk in Centre, our service users views are very important to us.

I will ensure the staff concerned receive your comments.

Kind regards,