"Impressed with quick service for minor op"

About: North Devon District Hospital / General surgery

I went for my pre-assessment on wed in the afternoon. The day surgery unit rang me and asked if I could come in next morning at 7.30am. I accepted this as I wanted to get op over and done with.

I arrived promptly to be told that they had tried to contact me to tell me to come in at lunch as I was on afternoon list. I accepted this as I was so impressed with service.

Then throughout the day and my operation and aftercare were totaly fantastic, if I had gone private my care by the fantastic staff could not have been better. I was treated with respect, kindness and they were so very professional.

So just want to say big thank you - our health services are the best.

Dear devonpeach

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the web site, its great to see the hospital likened to a private service.

I'm really glad your op went well and hope you that you are recovering well. Its always pleasing to see that staff have gone that "extra mile" which can make such a difference to the whole patient experience.

I have passed your kind comments on to the Day Surgery unit manager, who will share your thoughts with the staff, where I know they will be warmly received.