"Thank you for my young daughter's eye care"

About: New Victoria Hospital / Ophthalmology Western Infirmary/Gartnavel General / Ophthalmology

My daughter was diagnosed with amblyopia at the age of two. The vision in one of her eyes was terrible and all her sight was through the other eye.

She attended Gartnavel eye clinic and was first seen by Alan Lok who was extremely professional, yet also very kind to me who was extremely upset. My daughter was given glasses for three months and then started patch treatment for the next 2. 5 years.

Now we no longer have to do this and I am delighted to say her vision is the same in both eyes which is wonderful. I just really wanted to let the team know how grateful I am to them for all their advice and support.

They have been a fantastic team, not just the opticians etc but the admin staff who dealt with appointments and changing them etc to suit me. I never had a wait longer than ten mins.

We have recently started going to the New Victoria clinic as it is closer to us and have been very happy so far. Recently we saw Jonathan Waugh who again has been great.

Well done the NHS. And thank you.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you so much for your very positive comments, I know that Mr Waugh has seen your comments and was thrilled to read that the care and attention provided by him, and the entire team, was so valued.

He asked me to pass on his sincere thanks, he will share your remarks with colleagues involved at the Hospital,

I would also like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to do so. It is greatly appreciated by all of the staff concerned.

Paul