"Caring and consistent staff for my lupus"

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital / Rheumatology

After being admitted to RHH with pain, mobility problems, pleurisy, and dehydration I was swiftly diagnosed with Lupus.

Medication made a tremendously positive improvement almost immediately. Further medications were given and I felt better quickly. Staff were very caring and gave me time to adjust to a diagnosis of a serious and incurable illness.

The lupus nurse came to see me within minutes of my diagnosis and held my hand while I cried. She was reassuring and genuine. A staff member who also has lupus came to talk to me and I was able to ask any question.

The medics were also very caring and understanding and gave me reassurance and honest information.

I now attend the lupus clinic and nothing is too much trouble for the staff, I have regular investigations. Communication is extreemy good and I never have to repeat my history. Staff are consistent and inclusive.

Response from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time and effort to give us your very kind feedback.

We are delighted to hear that you found our staff to be supportive and caring both during the time you received the diagnosis and subsequently.

Your feedback will be shared with our staff.