"Dental Crown fell out pulling most of the tooth with it."

About: St George's Hospital (Tooting) / Accident and emergency

Attended A&E recently in complete pain. Side of my face had swollen up and painkillers are no longer working. I was aware I had a temperature and probably had some form of infection hence swollen face and pain.

I put up with this for 48 hours as I had been trying to get a dental appointment without success.

I was taken to A&E by my daughter who was quite concerned about me. Saw the Triage Nurse who seemed totally disinterested and told me to see my dentist. I explained the problems about getting an appointment but she was adamant they would not see me and I was wasting my time.

I told her I was in real pain and my face was so swollen everything just really hurt. She said she saw my face was swollen but said I was just wasting my time as this is a dentistry problem.

Response from St George's Healthcare NHS Trust

We are sorry to learn of your poor experience of the A&E department at St George’s Hospital. This is certainly not the level of service and care that we strive to provide for our patients.

If you would like a personal reply to your concerns then please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS): pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or the complaints and improvements department (complaints@stgeorges.nhs.uk).