"I still am a bit afraid of getting out and about"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Submitted on behalf of focus 22

I don't know where to begin, but without FOCUS group I would be completely on my own, the Dr is ok but if I mention how I feel they say, very nicely, but they can't help me and do I want to see a psychiatrist.

Here I can talk about things and what bothers me and Tim and Jenny always give me their time and help me. If it wasn't for FOCUS I wouldn't even have ventured out my door, I still am a bit afraid of coming out, but at least I do now. Valarie came on the bus with me because I was terrified of getting on/off the buses etc.

Now I'll do that alone. I am learning about computers although I haven't got one, if I get one I've got some idea. I am also very grateful for the support and help I receive at FOCUS, we have nothing else like FOCUS and I would be lost without their help and support.

Response from Tim Wood, Manager, NOTTINGHAM FOCUS ON WELLBEING

Many thanks for your comments and positive feedback. I am glad that attending FOCUS is of value to you. I will pass on your comments to Jenny and Val. It is good to know that attending FOCUS has enabled you to get out and about. It is especially good to hear that you are now able to use local transport on your own; what an achievement well done.

Best wishes Tim