"Managing my mental health at FOCUS (on behalf of FOCUS 15)"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

The IT sessions provided by FOCUS at Aspley CTC are absolutely essential to the management of my mental illness and the quality of my life! They have enabled me to keep my IT skills up to date, while I have been too ill to work which has kept alive my hope that I will be able to return to work/paid employment one day. The group is held in a safe environment with tutors, volunteers and classmates who understand the problems of mental illness. The peer support is invaluable and the company and the banter with the group invariably make me smile, ongoing we are never put under pressure. Tim and the FOCUS committee are doing wonderful work to provide these sessions.

Response from Tim Wood, Manager, NOTTINGHAM FOCUS ON WELLBEING

Many thanks for your comments and positive feedback. I am glad that attending FOCUS is of value to you. I am also pleased that you are able to keep your IT skills up-to-date. Hopefully you will be able to return to employment when you are ready. The Social Inclusion and Well-Being Service (The team I work for) are skilled in supporting people to return/retain employment. Please do not hesitate in letting me know when you feel ready to take the next step and I will arrange the support to help you move forward.

Best wishes Tim