"Miscarriage at 9 weeks"

About: New Cross Hospital / Gynaecology

Had a private scan at 9 weeks pregnant as I felt that something was wrong. The private scan confirmed my fears and I was told I needed to go to my local hospital to confirm that our baby had died so that I could have some medical management or discuss further options.

The following day I went to New Cross hospital for a scan which confirmed our baby had died and I was given the options of how to deal with it. The next day I was back in hospital for the ERPC.

The hospital care and the staff were good but I think my husband should be allowed to attend the follow up appointments

Response from Charlotte Hall, Deputy Director of Nursing & Midwifery - Quality and Safety, The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for posting your experience on Patient Opinion. I was very sad to read about you miscarriage, please accept my condolences on your very sad loss.

We have taken your point about your husband accompanying you on board and I have asked the manager for this area to look into changing this. Again I am sorry for you recent loss and hope you feel better very soon

Best wishes