"Fantastic dental treatment at Montfield hospital"

About: Montfield Hospital / Dental care

I am a mature lady in my mid-60s, and have not had a tooth extraction since my teens, when it was done under general anaesthetic. I was therefore really scared when going in to Montfield for an extraction with just an injection for the pain. But all of the staff - receptionist, nurse, dentist - were just fantastic, and I was given lots of information about the procedure and my recovery to reassure me. I was treated so gently, and just had an amazing experience that I won't be afraid to repeat. People my age are often frightened of the dentist, so to be treated so well was fantastic. Montfield has received a lot of criticism in recent years, and I want to set the record straight.

Response from Carolyn Hand, Corporate Services Manager/Complaints Officer, Chief Executive's Department, NHS Shetland

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. As you write, perceptions of the Montfield Dental Service are not always as we would wish. It means a lot for staff to receive such a glowing report from a patient.

Pippa Arbon