"I have been in treatment for 22 years and could not see it being any different, until now"

About: Phoenix Futures / Trafford drug and alcohol services

(as a service user),

I have been at Trafford Drug Service for 22 years and could never see it being any different until this year.

I got a new worker and we clicked, we worked closely together and I attended a recovery day. I didn't want to go to any other services, that was when we decided this was my time to get going. I detoxed from methadone in Smithfield, it was hard.

I attended Initiative Recovery and my worker Lisa kept working with me, giving me extra support until I felt ready to go out into the world on my own.

I want to thank Trafford and Lisa, she is dedicated and amazing and couldn't have done it without her.

Thank you.

Response from Anthony Mcleod, Cheshire And Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your story/comment on Patient Opinion. We are grateful that you have taken the time to share your experience with us at Trafford Drug Service. Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and ADS take service user opinions seriously and it allows us to learn how we can improve our services in the future. Your views will be shared with the staff and managers of the service to assist them in making the service an even better place to be treated.

If you would like to discuss your comments further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 195 4462.

I wish you well in your recovery