"Communication within Nottinghamshire Healthcare"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

(as a staff member),

I love working for Notts HC but find communication within so called teams very limited. Many services are in limbo awaiting their fate, and I feel there isn't any communication - we are left wondering. Wondering whether our service users will still have the services the trust provides? As for staff where will we be?

No one can seem to tell us, in a trust that prides itself on community but in my opinion fails to tell their patients and staff what is happening.

Response from Julie Grant, Head of Communications, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

As a Trust we are committed to being open and honest about changes in services - for both patients and staff. I am sorry you have been left feeling that this is not the case. If you would like to talk to me about this in more detail then please get in touch on 0115 993 4529. I will also pass your comments on to our operational managers to raise awareness of how you and possibly a number of other staff may be feeling. Thank you for feeding back - we appreciate all feedback, whether good or bad and I hope your situation is resolved soon.

Response from Mike Harris, Executive Director of Forensic Services, Rampton Hospital, Nottinghamshire Healthcare

As a Trust and as individuals within the Trust we do try hard to communicate well and honestly, however it is not easy raising concerns and sometimes it is necessary to make the brave step to tell your story. try it with your team or your manager or as Julie says contact her or your operational director. Mike