"My 10 month old daughter "

About: Tameside General Hospital / Paediatrics

My 10 month old daughter was took to a&e with gastroenteritis.

We waited for 5 hours in the waiting room while she was being sick and very lethargic. We were told our little girl was too poorly to go home and we got took to the children's ward.

They were amazing and very very good at their job and meeting the needs of the children. I would definitely recommend the children's ward but if you want to be seen fast go to Manchester Royal as they have a children's department and they are seen to straight away.

Response from John Goodenough, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for these comments which I will pass on to both the A&E and Children’s Departments. I am sorry you had a long delay with your daughter, and I am glad she is now feeling much better.

With every best wishes.

Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact Philip Dylak, Director of Nursing at philip.dylak@tgh.nhs.uk