"Very Good, again apart from the discharging doctor..."

About: Royal Derby Hospital

After quite a few admissions to the MAU at this hospital, I have, in the main, been very critical of the care received on this department. However, and unfortunately, was admitted on 7th June 2012, and cannot fault (apart from one area below), the standards shown by both the Nurses and Evening/Night Doctors, they were all fantastic. All staff put me at ease when I had a very bad night, and did eveything they could have possibly done.

The discharging Doctor, (can't remember his name), was not very enthusing about what had occurred, nor would he get involved in medication topics. He stated that as I was under a Consultant at Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, it would be this Consultant that reviewed medication. I would have thought he could have telephoned the Consultant at Leicester to enquire, as Doctors at this hospital had done before. He made me feel as though this would have been too much for him.

From A&E through to MAU, apart from the dischgarging doctor, may I say many thanks to you all.

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you received a high standard of patient care whilst being treated at the Royal Derby Hospital and I shall pass on your thanks to the appropriate members of staff. However, we also recognise your concern regarding the discharging doctor. If you would like to further discuss the issue you have raised, please contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on 01332 785156.

J.Roberts, Communications