"Day surgery procedure at North Devon district hospital"

About: North Devon District Hospital / General surgery North Devon District Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I had kidney stones removed, couldn't fault things. The staff that treated me were lovely, really nice. I haven't ever found the staff to be anything but nice. I've always been dealt with very quickly.

My mother was in, she broke her arm and leg at the same time. She did have difficulties with eating, because it was plonked food in front of her and nobody helped her to eat and she couldn't help herself.

She wouldn't have complained herself but the lady opposite said something on behalf of my mum otherwise they'd have just carried on taking her food away.

Dear pennies526

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay. I'm sorry I havent replied sooner.

I'm really pleased to see you had a good experience, however I am concerned that your mother had problems with eating whilst an inpatient on the ward, and I would like to offer my apologies for this unfortunate episode.

I have passed your comments on to the lead nurse for medicine, to ensure nursing staff are aware of this type of concern, and if you would like to discuss this in more detail please contact the PALS department on 01271 314090, as they will be able to support you further.