"Worcester CRI, Thank you for recovery support"

About: CRI

(as a service user),

I have received support for a long term drug dependence through Worcester CRI/ Pathways to recovery. I have completed a peer mentoring course and now volunteer at one of their drop in/needle exchanges.

If it wasn't for the support and guidance of these guys I wouldn't be where I am today and could possibly be dead.

Big respect for the work CRI and everyone in Worcester services do supporting people in such a difficult aspect of life.

Response from CRI

The Worcester CRI team are delighted to receive such positive feedback as there is nothing more powerful than our service user opinions. We are really pleased that as a service we have been shown to increase our successful completion rates last year by 40% on the year before, and we fully expect to exceed this further this year.

It is through a refocusing of the service towards recovery, the efforts of the staff whilst in conjunction with new initiatives such as the peer mentor scheme that has inspired others to achieve a drug and alcohol-free life as well as providing the support to sustain it. The generous comments made here reinforce how it can and does work – so, thank you. We will be proudly displaying this message in our waiting areas.