"Please provide a helpline that helps!!"

About: Croydon University Hospital

I posted a comment on this site in March after a negative experience in Gynae dept, I was delighted to get a reply almost immediately

I was told to contact PALS for help in getting a second opinion. As PALS never answer the phone I sent a number of e-mails. I eventually got a reply that my information had been sent to the service manager. After 4 weeks I still have no info - not even confirmation that my details were passed on.

I now have to start the long and tedious process of returning to my GP and starting all over again.(I will of course ask for a different hospital) In the meantime I added 2 months of unnecessary pain to my waiting time.

I fully realise that hospitals will always back their doctors - right or wrong; but a lot of frustration and unnecessary suffering could be avoided if we had access to information setting out our options. A helpline that helped!

Response from Croydon University Hospital

We are so sorry about this. Please can you contact the PALs team on 020 8401 3939 and give them your details so they can get a response from the service manager for you.