About: Lincoln County Hospital

My husband had major bowel surgery and from first visiting Lincoln County Hospital, to the operation itself and aftercare we just cannot thank them enough.

In the past my husband has sometimes had private surgery, but the treatment he had at Lincoln County Hospital surpassed anything he had previously received elsewhere.

The surgeon, the consultant in charge of the intensive care unit and all the staff were a dedicated, professional team working in your best interests at all times. Since leaving hospital for a further 8 days he was phoned regularly for an update on his progress and he is now improving rapidly by the day and will shortly be able to drive his car again and return to work.

Well done to everyone and thank you.

More beds and staff in the Intensive Care Unit.

A more proactive approach to hand cleaning gel - it was there but not really pushed - I wondered how many visitors really did use it regularly!

The staff were always cleaning in the intensive care unit - most impressive!

They did all they could to prevent infection but I would have liked them to push the hand gel regularly. I feel very strongly about everyone ensuring that infex

ction is not brought into the hospital.

Thank you very much for your feedback and I am pleased you and your husband received such good care. I have passed your comments onto the staff and asked them to further promote the use of the handgel; you are right that it is very important.

Jennie Negus. Deputy Director of Patient Services.

Response from Lincoln County Hospital

I appreciate my response is rather late in the day but we have only recently developed a process for responding to NHS Choices (though we have been using another service called Patient Opinion). I am pleased your husbands care went so well and absolutely echo your call for vigilance with hand hygiene. Thank you again.