"Unnecessary"

About: The Royal London Hospital

The pre admission nurse was clear, and concise.

I am a cancer patient in barts and was annoyed when the London hosp ( who share the same system) sent me an appointment 20 mins after my clinic appt! I'd like to meet the patient who can travel backwards in time from 1 hospital to the other after waiting a minimum of an hour anyway for clinic. This error created unnecessary workload for the nurse who had to rebook my clinic. The solution was satisfactory but this blunder should not happen

Response from The Royal London Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We would like to apologise that you were sent two appointments for the same day at different hospitals, which didn’t factor in enough time to travel between hospital sites to get to the second appointment.

Staff in the Urology Department and those who book appointments, have been reminded to check patients other appointments before booking into a urology appointment to ensure that appointments are not double booked and/or sufficient travel time is provided between appointments occurring on the same day but at different hospital sites.