"I felt safe and comfortable at all times and had..."

About: North Manchester General Hospital

I was recently admitted to A & E although unaware of what was going on I am told that the doctors and nurses worked very hard on me, I was on H3 and H4 wards, then Intensive Care Unit where it was 3 days before I recognised any family member, I then went to High Dependency Unit for a few days then finally E4 ward.

I am an old age pensioner and although I have a medical record with NMGH I have never experienced emergency treatment before, but for the sheer dedication and care I received from every member of staff I would not be here today to thank them for saving my life.

I can appreciate that a routine has to be followed when treating patients, whether it is distributing medication or personal care, otherwise mistakes will happen, unfortunately some patients expect immediate attention, and in some cases were abusive if they did not get it, which made me ashamed of my generation for their lack of manners and consideration.

The day and night staff did not stop they were constantly seeing to patients, I cannot praise the staff enough.

I was treated with the utmost diginity and can honestly say a most heartfelt thank you.

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your visit to A&E at North Manchester General Hospital. We are please you were happy with the service you received from the Doctors and Nurses.

We will forward your comments to the appropriate department’s manager for their attention who I’m sure will share with the rest of her team.