"A well co-ordinated, team approach"

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I would include the neurology department and staff in these comments where I was admitted there as an emergency in April 2012.

I have had excellent care from everyone.

The diagnosis was unexpected and handled sensitively. I was given options about treatment by the specialist registrar and when it would be best to have it.

During the pre-operative period visits were co-ordinated so I only had to attend the hospital once.

When admitted for the operation, the preparation was well organised and allowed me to feel safe and confident that all would go well. The doctor called my husband whilst I was in recovery to let him know how I was and this was much appreciated.

The recovery period (far more rapid than I could have imagined) again was well co-ordinated and I was discharged after 4 days.

Difficult as it must be, the food could be better.

Response from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent experiences at our hospital.

It is great to hear that you are so happy with the care you had.

We always appreciate it when our patients take the time to give us feedback, and we find it useful both in helping us to improve and understand when we are getting things right. Your kind comments will be shared with our staff.