"Fantastic care at Tiverton Hospital"

About: Tiverton and District Hospital / General surgery Tiverton and District Hospital / Minor injury unit

I recent went to Tiverton Hospital on two successive days, firstly to have an operation to remove a basal cell carcinoma, and then to be treated for a nasty cut at the minor injury unit.

On both occasions things were absolutely fantastic, what an amazing hospital. Everybody was fantastic, and was not kept waiting at all. Dr Lawn, the skins specialist who treated me, was wonderful, as were the nurses and receptionists. Ditto for the two women who treated me at the minor injury unit. Everything was similarly good when I went back to have my stitches taken out and dressings changed.

Nothing to improve in my opinion.

Response from Pat Parker, Locality Business Manager, Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for letting us know about your two good experiences at Tiverton hospital in both the day case unit and the Minor injury unit. It is always good to hear that we are getting it right.

Response from Gaynor Hitchcock, Directorate Governance Lead for Trauma, Orthopaedics, Critical Care & Rheumatology, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you from the Tiverton DCU for the positive comments concerning your experience at the Unit, We will pass on your comments to Dr Lawn and the rest of the team.