"Tiverton listened to me and gave my daughter an excellent service"

About: Tiverton and District Hospital / Minor injury unit

(as other),

My daughter banged her head 1 1/2hrs later it was still bleeding a small amount.

My doctors was closed, so I called NHS direct to see if it was something that needed to be seen or if head wounds take that much longer to heal I should give it a bit longer? They said I needed to go to an A&E half an hour further away and telling me Tiverton would not be an acceptable hospital (I couldn't have stressed further how minor this injury was!)

I called Tiverton, they listened to me and said to bring her in but there may be a wait. There was barely any wait, they were brilliant with her and glued her head and sent us home quickly.

Everyone we came into contact with was really helpful (and everywhere was very very clean!)

Response from Pat Parker, Locality Business Manager, Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for letting us know about your good experience in the Minor Injury Unit and we were very pleased that we were able to help and not have to send you to the acute hospital in Exeter for the treatment to your daughter.