"I would not recommend this hospital/department to..."

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

The staff were individually fantastic, polite and well presented. The hospital and wards were clean and well presented.

The communication levels between different members of staff were appalling! They did not pass on information at all, I would recommend this is look at as a matter of urgency!

When discharged from the hospital we were given no aftercare instructions, as a result my husband was discharged with a compression bandage that should have been removed after 48hours, he called the hospital a week after surgery to be told this! As a direct result his recovery has now been compromised.

When calling the hospital to query his recovery further we were unable to get through to the department we required. We made a total of 9 calls and still did not get the correct department, in fact all numbers we were given were unobtainable.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

We are obviously concerned to note these comments and would be pleased to investigate this experience. To that end, we would invite the family to contact us directly with the appropriate details.

The email address is pals@midyorks.nhs.uk