"Knowsley Walk-In Centre (St Chad's), Kirkby"

About: Knowsley NHS Walk-in Centre, Kirkby

I visited St Chad's today and 2 weeks previously. I am having problems with my ear and was given antibiotics which cleared up the initial infection. However, I woke up this morning in extreme pain in the same ear and had to revisit this morning. I have nothing but the greatest of respect for the people who work out of St Chad's. They are always friendly, informative and reassuring. (I have used centre over the past 5 years since we moved into the area). Today was just brilliant I was expecting to find a very lengthy wait but instead I was taken into triage and left approximately 10 minutes later clutching my new prescription. I was told to come back if things didn't improve but it may well be I would have to be referred to ENT or my own GP. I laughed and told them that when I started with this problem I tried to make an appointment with my GP and was told I would have to wait 3 weeks. so I'd come back to them.

Response from Jacqui Sellek, PALS Co-ordinator, Patient Advice Liaison Service, Community Health Services at 5 Boroughs NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your visits to Kirkby Walk in Centre. Your comments will be fed back to all walk in Centre staff.’