"Gastroscopy procedure at New Victoria Hospital"

About: New Victoria Hospital / Endoscopy

I was an extremely nervous patient, having had a gastroscopy performed many years before, at another hospital, which was like being physically held down and tortured. When I arrived at the unit a nurse came for me and was most pleasant and smiling as were all the staff. I was being heavily sedated and the anaesthetist explained what was going to happen as did the doctor and when it came my turn, although still nervous, I was spoken to by a very kindly anaesthetist and theatre nurse and don't remember another thing until I awoke to be greeted by yet more lovely staff.

I have been left with a lasting memory of a very professional unit with the lovely "human touch". They were the very best!

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your very kind and thoughtful comments.

It means a great deal to staff to read these comments, and I am very grateful that you did so.

I was very pleased to read that your treatment was such a pleasant and positive experience and that the fears that you had based on your previous procedure proved to be unfounded.

Once again our thanks to you for your feedback.