"Good experience for me and my friend at RD&E"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

(as a friend),

I recently attended the RD&E hospital Wonford to accompany a nervous friend/neighbour for pre-op tests. We came into contact with staff from the X-ray dept, the blood room and Durbin ward (QE orthopaedic wing). All staff members were courteous, helpful and full of empathy towards my friend (the patient). She was given the time and reassurance she needed before her operation.

The waiting time for appointments was minimal and the waiting areas were 'patient friendly’. The nurse (sister?) completing the hospital admission forms made sure that we were comfortable and private before asking questions.

A *good*experience for me and my friend!

Response from Natalie Stone, Patient Engagemennt and Experience Co-ordinator, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about you and your friends visit to the hospitial. It is pleasing to hear that staff took the time to support your friend in a way that much reduced any stress she would have otherwise experienced. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the staff in the relevant departments.