"total waste of time"

About: The Princess Royal Hospital (Telford)

I was refered to prh by my G.P, for stomach pains, he suspected Appendicitis. I arrived at 3p.m on 24/4/2012. I was told i would have blood tests & ultra sound scan. The registrar said he did not think it was Appendicitis. I had my blood tests & waited for the scan. At 9oclock i asked how long it would be until the scan as i need to get home to my children, one being special needs & a 4yr old who was crying for me. I was told it wouldn't be long. 10oclock came, the nurses were changing over shifts, i was told i wouldn't have my scan until the next day. Also the nurse said they stopped scanning at 5.30. I was very annoyed for being mislead & waiting for nothing. I asked if i could come back the next morning for the scan & was told no. So i discharged myself & went home. Im still in pain & non the wiser as to why. Thanks for nothing!!

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for contacting the Trust through the NHS Choices website.

I will pass your comments to the Clinical Manager for their information and action as required.

Should you require any further assistance, please contact the PALS office on 01743 261691 (RSH) or 01952 641222 ext 4382 (PRH).

If you would like your comments investigating under the formal Complaints Procedure, please contact the Patient Services Office at complaints@sath.nhs.uk or by telephone on 01743 261652.

Patient Experience Team