"Disappointed and not taken seriously"

About: St Albans City Hospital

I attended the ultrasound dept for a scan on my Achilles a condition that has plagued me for the past two years for which I have tried all manner of treatment. The scan operator was flippant and when asked what my symptoms were they helpfully suggested their achillies would hurt if pinched where I suggested. They went further when after they said they could not see anything wrong when I explained I was a middle distance runner they again helpfully said well that's why it's hurting then. Whilst they might have thought they were being funny. I was left feeling disappointed by the experience and will be seeking a second opinion.

Response from St Albans City Hospital

Clearly, your experience has fallen short of the high standard you should expect with us. If you are willing, could you email us at info@whht.nhs.uk so that the matter can be thoroughly investigated on your behalf? Our clinical colleagues would welcome the opportunity to thoroughly investigate all of these issues on your behalf – if only to prevent something like this happening again - and provide you with a detailed response.

After all, without such feedback it is very hard for us to spot such instances of percieved poor performance that require attention.