"Absolute disgrace."

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

I arrived with my partner who had collapsed and smashed her face on on the bath leaving blood everywhere. We were made to stand and wait while the receptionist ignored us. She finally telephoned someone who took our details on paper which we then had to give to the receptionist 3 yards away. There was nobody else queuing so why does it take 2 people to book us in? Other peoplewho were there before us decided to leave because of the long wait. When they were eventually called and found not to be there it took another 10 minutes for the next person to be called. Why? It was at one of these points the doctor decided to have a chat with the receptionist while everyone was waiting who was complaining how busy it had been. There were about 4 or 5 others in the waiting room, so how is that busy?

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. I apologise that the experience did not meet your expectations on your recent visit to our emergency department.

We value all feedback about the Trust and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you. If you would like to contact me, my details are 01634 830000 x3874.

Inmaculada Diaz Alonso