"Amazing staff with amazing attitude to patients."

About: Leeds General Infirmary

I cannot begin to tell you how impressed and grateful to all the staff in the Endoscopy Department at Clarendon Wing. I attended for a colonoscopy and I must say that I have never encountered such helpful, friendly, caring and professional people in a hospital ever. There niceness was in no way rehearsed or appeared to be "under instruction". They were very genuine and I have to say that undergoing such an undignified procedure was done in the most dignified manner possible. I cannot thank your staff enough. Please please pass on to them my very very grateful thanks and admiration.

The preparatory exercise I had to endure the day before was horrendous (albeit necessary) and I must say that the actual colonoscopy was a walk in the park compared to that.

Absolutely nothing.

Response from Becky Riffel, NHS Leeds

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Patient Opinion. I was pleased to hear that you had a very positive experience at the hospital during a difficult time. I was also please to see that the staff who treated you were so genuine, caring, helpful and friendly.

I will make sure that I pass on your compliments to the Patient Experience Manager at the hospital, as well as the team at the Endoscopy department.