About: Salford Royal

Absolutely nothing

After waiting 3 months for a neurology appointment, I was so bitterly disappointed with the treatment I received. I have been suffering with balance issues for a number of months and was referred to Neurology after ENT had drawn a blank with their investigations.

The consultant I saw did not examine me, they didnt even have a copy of my notes! After 10 minutes explaining the difference between vertigo and disequilibrium to me, they asked if I had any questions because , and I quote "im shortly going to show you the door".

I left with an appointment for 3 months time, and the advice thats its "probably an ear issue". It's not as ENT actually bothered to do their job correctly and examine and test me!

Am heading straight back to my GP to request a second opinion from a competent source.

Response from Salford Royal

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you are unhappy with your recent consultation. It would be helpful for us to investigate this matter further and as such would encourage you contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 206 2003 or email pals@srft.nhs.uk so we can look into this fully. Thank you.