"Very Frustrating"

About: Hythe Hospital

Very frustrated. Finally been referred to Pain Management Services and been told that there is a 54 day wait to be seen for initial appointment.

Upon trying to contact the department (within their opening hours) to make the appointment, there is no one there, only an answer machine. I have been phoning every 10 minutes for 3 hours and left 2 messages and still not contact!

I phoned the main reception of the hospital, to be told that they can't see if there is anyone in the department or not, but hasn't seen anyone from the department arrive today. They could only suggest that I keep trying.

Also contacted the Central Appointment Booking Line, who advise that Hythe are not on the computer system and bookings can only be with Hythe directly.

If they are not there to accept the calls, then maybe they should set up the computerised system to allow patients to make bookings.

Starting to wonder if the 54 days wait is how long it takes to get through!

Response from Hythe Hospital

I am sorry that you have incurred so many problems when trying to contact our Pain Management Service at Hythe Hospital. Please contact me directly on 01590 663089 so that I can take some further details and look into this for you.

Ben Prior