About: Castle Hill Hospital

I entered the hospital aware of my rights and responsibilities and if necessary would have highlighted criticisms and any shortfalls in my treatment whether caused by the staff or the environment.I left ward 8 full of admiration for what the surgeon and his team were able to achieve (total hip replacement).Surgeons and anaesthetists took time to explain the procedure and any options I needed to make.Nursing and Physiotherapy staff were diligent informed and procedurally rigorous.I rapidly regained mobility and was able to leave ward 8 a few days after the operation pain-free and confident.Orthopaedic surgery can never be described as fun but my experience was as near to enjoyable as I suspect any hospital can achieve.

In the current financial climate nothing could be improved.

Response from Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Many thanks for adding you comment to the Patient Opinion website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the staff concerned on Ward 8 at Castle Hill Hospital are made aware of these.

If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, we are recruiting members. By becoming a member you receive our quarterly newsletter, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You can also attend our ‘medicine for members’ sessions and respond to questionnaires. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member; you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose.

For more information please either email your.nhs@hey.nhs.uk or telephone the Corporate Affairs office on (01482) 675165.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on (01482) 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk as we are always striving to improve our patients experience.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local services.

Response from Castle Hill Hospital

Thank you for leaving your feedback on NHS Choices.