"My experience at Huyton walk-in and Whiston Hospital after an injury"

About: Community Health Services / Community physiotherapy Whiston Hospital Whiston Hospital / Accident and emergency

I was injured, and went to Huyton walk-in centre who couldn't do much for me and sent me on to Whiston Hospital. I asked the nurse how to get there and she very dimissively told me to get the bus. I was a bit disappointed in this considering that I was in agony, and that no offer of a taxi or patient transport was made.

I went to Whiston, and was seen promptly, treatment was excellent. Initially I saw a physio at Whiston called trevor - apart from the pain it was great. I got a letter inviting me to more physio 10 days later, which was all good. I was told I should have more, but didn't bother.

I've since seen my GP, and have gone to Huyton walk-in centre for more physio - nothing to complain about at all, it has been very positive.

Response from Kelly Owen, PALS Officer, Patient Advice Liaison Service, Community Health Services at 5 Boroughs NHS Foundation Trust

Dear head232,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment regarding your experience of the walk in centre at Huyton. We appreciate all feedback that our service users provide.

Ambulance transport is provided for those patients who’s condition requires it following assessment. We do not routinely provide taxis. If you wish to discuss your visit further please contact Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0800 073 0578.

Kind regards,