"No hesitation in recommending Nutgrove walk-in centre"

About: Knowsley NHS Walk-in Centre, Huyton

I fell and tripped over a raised paving stone on a concrete path and severely damaged the tips of three fingers and cut the base of my thumb. The finger ends were badly torn and bled profusely. I took a taxi to the Nutgrove walk-in centre and was seen immediately by a doctor who covered the wounds and staunched much of the blood. I was then taken by a nurse to have my fingers and thumb dressed. The treatment I received was first-class and the pain was much reduced.

I was treated most sympathetically and the nurses were very helpful and gave me all the information I asked for. Their attitude was professional and they were a credit to their profession. I have the highest regard for the Nutgrove walk-in centre, and have no reservation in recommending it to anyone who injures himself. Well done NHS!

Response from Kelly Owen, PALS Officer, Patient Advice Liaison Service, Community Health Services at 5 Boroughs NHS Foundation Trust

Dear under279,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment regarding your experience of the walk in centre at Huyton, we really appreciate feedback from our service users.

I will ensure that the team are aware of your comments and hope that you get well soon.

Kind regards,